Car seat swap service
Accident Exchange Service
Have you been involved in a car accident, when your child was seated in their car seat? We hope that everyone is safe and well after this terrible experience and would like to see what help and advice we can offer you right now following the incident. At Maxi-Cosi we care for precious life and understand that having a car accident and dealing with its aftermath can be incredibly stressful. That is why we offer the Accident Exchange Service* to our customers. In some cases, your car seat (and possibly your base), if involved in an accident, may not be safe to use, so we are here to help you with your questions and concerns.
Once we understand the details related to your car accident, we will be able to advise whether your car seat needs replacing. Depending on your circumstances, this should either be done via your insurance company** or directly via Maxi-Cosi . Whatever the solution may be, you can be confident of enjoying many more safe car journeys for your little one..
What do we need from you?
For us to be able to help, we ask you to provide us with the following information:
- An accurate description of the car accident. In this description, please indicate the speed at which the accident happened, the direction of impact and whether you child was seated in the car at the time of the accident.
- A picture of your car after the accident, showing as much detail of the damage caused as possible.
- A copy of your completed insurance claim form and/or police report.
- A copy of your purchase receipt for the product or a copy of your Maxi-Cosi Lifetime Warranty Certificate
- A picture of the (orange-white) product sticker (of both the car seat and possibly the base) which you will find on the bottom or back of your product (see example sticker shown).
How to apply?
Register via the on-line application form and send us the above information directly.
* This service does not apply for second hand car seats and bases.
**If your insurance cover includes your child car seat we will send you written confirmation that your old car seat (and possible base) is not safe for future use.